Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Once Upon a time...

Once upon a time there was a lonely bulletin board who had been hidden in the basement.  He had many issues but his biggest problem was the paint that had dribbled all down his sides while someone was recklessly painting a room (certainly not yours truly, but alas it was I).  So anyways he was put in the basement waiting to see the light of day.  Until a great idea popped in my head...MAKE OVER!  

Sorry there is no before picture (it was too cruel to post, actually I forgot).  

What you need:
  • A bulletin board
  • Paint (I had some left over from our house renovations)
  • Glue gun with glue of course
  • Decorative trim (I found some for around $8) Don't forget to measure!!
  • Push pins
  • Anything to glue on top of the push pins (add a little bit of flair to your board)
I started out painting the boarders/edge, took 2-3 coats in some areas (such as his damaged area from before, honestly I have no idea how he got so bad).  I let it dry for about a day or so.  Then hot glue gunned around the inside of the boarder.  
Then the fun part begins!  Making push pin flair! I had a collections of buttons, beads, and coins from Jamaica (cruise treasures).  I also went to a second hand store and found old blouse pins and earrings, clean them really well, cut off the backs and you have some glamor for your board.  
I was also at Joann's and had picked up these little wooden decorations, glued a push pin on the back and voila summer time fun. 
My plans are to decorate the board for the seasons so the office can share in the decor festivities.  I hope you enjoyed my little DIY.  I know super easy but hey it brightened my day, office, and not to mention my organizing skills. 
And they lived happily ever after. 
The END

No comments:

Post a Comment