Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Letters & Rivets

For my birthday my husband is letting me create a cozy corner in the office.  I figured I would start working on wall art since I don't get my cozy present until my birthday in October (come on September get out of here! I want my cozy stuff!).  I have lots of ideas for decorating and many projects started.  So here is a simple fast DIY that has a great finish. I got the idea from here...

I got all this at Hobby Lobby for around $10
 I used most of it but I have lots of left overs for other projects.  This is what I needed:
  • Two letters
  • Two scrapbook paper (wood style)
  • Wall fasteners
  • Wall wire to go between the fasteners
  • Spare parts screw head brads
  • Gray paint (I ended up not using it) so scratch that from the buying list, or you can use it... it's up to you
  • Glue gun & rubber cement
Okay so I don't have step by step pics but this is super easy!
  1. I traced around the letters and cut the shapes out of the scrapbook paper.
  2. Glue the paper on the letter.
  3. I then tried the paint around the edges (on the back of the letters), but I don't know if I just didn't have the right shade but it wasn't flying with me well so I dropped the paint.
  4. With wire cutters I cut the brads back off and hot glued them on the letters.
  5. Not a super necessary step: I wanted to hang the letters.  So I glued the hooks on the back and looped the wire between the hooks for hanging.  
Voila!! Super easy and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment